Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Lunch and Gyoza Dinner with Ken

Gyoza~

Lunch at the "Fish Place" or so how he liked to call it. haha! ( Peace Ken! )
Meeting your new boss for the first time was one of the most nerve-wrecking experiences I had when I was in Tokyo. I just had to post this. hahaha. Anyway, as you know, 2 weeks after I arrived, Marco resigned and my world seemed to fall apart ( really Anj? THAT emotional? ) Ok. I might be exaggerating. But who can describe my sadness? But, I was glad to be given a new boss to work with starting... well, as soon as he got back from Italy. So anyway, the day he got back in the office, I had to have lunch with him at least to talk or something because we haven't seen each other personally in the past and we totally do not know much about each other. True enough, we had so much to talk about. It was a fun lunch but for some reason, I cannot eat. I was nervous and I didn't know what to feel. I'm a shy person. REALLY. So meeting him for the first time and having lunch was something I have never imagined. EVER.

Good thing, as the comfort level moved up, eating with him was a lot better. I took a picture of the gyoza, as you can see above. That was the day we went to Shinjuku to look for a smartphone that he likes. Mind you, we checked so may stores before he decided. wahahaha. But it was fun. He was checking out phones and I was busy checking out people's clothes. Street fashion. :)

What's food got to do with it? Well, for one... I have realized that it's better to eat with someone you are comfortable with. But still a lot better to eat with someone than eat alone. :)

Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment